Sunday, October 28, 2012

Scenes this morning.. 29-10

Enjoying my roti canai dipped in sambal sardine when I overheard a lady calling out, "Mak.. Mak.. Nak bungkus dua roti canai ye". Peeping from the corner of my eye, I looked up the owner of the voice. A youngish lady in a factory uniform was pulling up a chair. I smiled. First time, I hear the mamak being called "Mak". Normally they are called "Boss" or "Anney". Hehe..

-----------
Was waiting for my daughter's reply. She is in class. I was in the car, parked in front of the Post Office. She asked me to get some stamps and I need to know the correct denomination. Glanced at the car that has just occupied the parking lot next to my car. An elderly lady glared back at me. I persisted smiling at her. Nope..she's not undoing her glare. Wonder what she's angry with. Got my reply from my daughter, I got out of the car and walked into the PO. Angry looking lady in next car, still there, still glaring. Hmm.. Maybe that is her natural-look. I must remember to smile more. Wouldnt want an unsmiling look frozen on my face.

-------------
Drive back home and I stopped at the traffic light. Then I saw in the car, coming from the opposite direction, a toddler (no more than a year old) on the father's lap. Talk about irresponsibility. Even if it is a short distance to the babysitter (I presume that is where they are heading), do strap up your kid. Your excuse could be, its just nearby or I am a careful driver. But accidents can and will happen when you least expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment